Thursday, March 21, 2013

S.K.I.N. by Sade

Hello to all bloggers, viewers, and first timers.

Today I interview Sade via e-mail. I want to start off by saying what a talented young lady. As I follow her on Instagram her shirts are very creative and speaks for theirselves. Who can ever think a basic tee can be reconstructed into a fabulous tee. "Just Saying"

I describe S.K.I.N. apparel as Bold, Creativity, and Astonishing.

Take a look at the interview below.

1. When did you start your business?

Well I began making shirts for myself about a year ago, but I officially started my business in the beginning of this year.

2. What made you get so creative with shirts?

I always like to be different. I like to stand out from the rest. So one day I went to my grandmothers house to see if she had any shirts she didn't want because she always kept a bunch of t-shirts back in the day. I took all her old shirts, and started thinking of ways to cut them up.

3. What are some of your accomplishments as a designer?

Starting this business and working as hard as I am is a accomplishment for me so far. Being asked different opportunities from people. Getting recognition from people that I never thought would notice my work. Getting such great feedback and support from this has really pushed me to go even harder at what I'm doing.

4. Do you prefer sketching designs or actually constructing them?

I always do sketches here and there because that's just something I enjoy. When it comes to my shirts though I'd rather construct them right then and there. It comes so naturally to me.

5. What are your favorite colors to work with and why?

My favorite colors to work with would have to be bright colors hands down. It just really gets me excited! Idk, maybe because I'm a summer baby lol

6. Where can readers find out more about you and your work?

I mainly post my work on my Instagram so they can find it there and my website of course.

Instgram: SadeJennine
Website: skinnnapparel.bigcartel.com

7. Describe the general process you go through to design and realize a piece of clothing. ( Don't tell everything as a designer you keep something's to yourself) lol

I honestly don't go through a certain process. I just sit there look at the shirt and designs just start popping up in my head lol it really comes so naturally for me. Sometimes I like to listen to music because for some reason certain songs inspire my designs. Sounds weird, but it does.

8. What does fashion mean to you?

Fashion to me means to BE YOU. Wear what you love and feel comfortable in it. When you are wearing an outfit you should love it. It should show off your personality in a sense. Fashion has no rules. Yes certain things are said not to be worn together, but wear what you want don't let others tell you what your style should be. As long as you look and feel good then that's all that matters. People who stand out get noticed way before someone that looks like everyone else in the crowd.

9. How long does it usually take you to construct a piece?

It usually takes me about 2 1/2 hours to construct a piece. I'm a perfectionist. I need my work to look exactly how I envisioned it.

10. Where do you see your line S.K.I.N. apparel in 5 years?

In 5 years I see SKIN doing big things. God willing SKIN will be seen everywhere. I don't want to just create shirts. I want to go further in my business. I pray everyday that God leads my business in the right path. That he makes provision for me. He is blessing me more and more everyday. In 5 years I just want to be happy with wherever my business shall lead to. I would love to see my designs on models ripping the runway, in stores, on celebrities ect. I want SKIN everywhere. With Gods blessings great things shall happen for me. I'm just staying humble, and patient along the way.

I must say the interview I had with Sade was very interesting. She is very dedicated about her growing business and "SKIN"apparel is very unique. I would totally rock her shirts. S.K.I.N. apparel can be upscaled vs casual, which I love. She's dope. Everyone please be sure to purchase S.K.I.N. apparel and I'm sure everyone will look well in it.

You can find S.K.I.N. apparel on Instagram and S.K.I.N. apparel website.

Instagram: SadeJennine
Website: skinnnapparel.bigcartel.com

*CHECK OUT PICTURES BELOW*

- Keep pursuing which you love to do Sade with S.K.I.N. apparel. I know you will make it far with your versatile and unique apparel. I wish the best of luck to you.

- Tatiana Courtesy of Fashion



















No comments:

Post a Comment